Our stimulating and nurturing babies and toddlers programme gives you and your child a structured introduction to the joys of water and is a perfect bonding activity. We use positive reinforcement, games, songs and social interaction to foster emotional and physical development. Educating children about safety in the water creates the foundation for a lifetime of fun-filled aquatic experiences. Water confidence develops the fundamental skills for learning to swim.
Baby class times: Monday to Friday 9.25am – 11.30am, Sat 8.30am – 1.30pm.
Duration 25 Minutes $74.20 (10 Weeks)
Preparing for baby’s swimming lesson
- All children need to wear an aqua nappy until they are fully toilet trained
- Parents/caregivers need to be in the water for lessons with their baby or toddler
- You need to arrive early for your lesson to avoid rushing so you are able to start the lesson as calmly as possible
- During the lesson use slow, controlled movements with your child
- Keep it positive, smile and praise your child
- Try not to feed your child for an hour before the lesson as this helps to reduce spills in the pool
- If your child is getting cold during the lesson, a merino or thermal bodysuit will help them to warm up afterwards
- Bring an extra towel and snacks for after your lesson
- Remember, baby swimming is a gradual process and cannot be rushed. Go at your baby’s pace and make sure you both have fun.