To promote life-long skills, and build a healthy respect and love of the water in a fun, safe environment.
About Just Swim
We are a group of passionate swim teachers who are committed to fostering a life-long love of swimming and water safety skills to Dunedin’s children, young people and adults. Between us we have over 100 years combined experience in teaching and coaching. We take pride in sharing our knowledge, and watching our students progress and achieve their goals.
All Just Swim instructors have completed the following before teaching your child:
- Swimming New Zealand Swim Teacher Award
- First aid
- Comprehensive in-house training
- A minimum of 20 hours has been spent teaching under the guidance of experienced instructors.
Benefits of swimming with Just Swim
- Qualified instructors
- Free assessments - Just Swim offers a free assessment to school age and older swimmers to ensure they are placed in a class that is appropriate for their current ability
- Small ratios - Just Swim has small classes so each swimmer receives individual feedback and attention
- Water safety focus - To help everyone to enjoy the water safely, each lesson will have an element of water safety education
- Free play swim with your lesson for one sibling, parent or caregiver
- Home portal to track your child's progress as they move through our swim program.